Quinoa Xau-Xau

18:45

In the mood of our healthy lifestyle we stop eating so much rice and pasta. We still eat some bread but brown and maybe like once a week. I'm not very obcesed with things. I couldn't stop eating something for ever. In other hand I'm apologetic of eating everything with moderation.
But instead of rice we have been eating quinoa a lot. We love it so much I just wish with was more cheaper.
This recipe is the adaptation of the fried rice. In Portugal we call it Xau xau rice. So this is my quinoa xau xau.

What I use:
2 cups Quinoa
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 Tblsp Soy sauce (optional)
1 clove garlic
2 eggs
2 Carrots
1 Onion
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup corn
salt and pepper

How it's done:
1. In sauce pot boil the quinoa in water (or you can use vegetable stock) until cooked then set aside.
2. In a large pan heat the olive oil , then add the chopped onions, pressed garlic, chopped carrots until they are cooked , add the frozen peas, corn. Season with the salt and pepper. Of you're using soy sauce add now.
3. Add the quinoa and stir.
4. Put everything on one side of the pan and in the other side add the scrambled eggs cook for 1 minute and start mixing with the quinoa mixture until everything is combined. 


This day I didn't had corn but I had broccoli. And we stop eating soy sauce because of health issues. 

You Might Also Like

0 comentários