Foodie Thursdays

10:35

Can you believe I used to not like mustard?  No? Me neither. I always thought the flavor was to acid for me. Now, I can take a Dijon mustard glass and eat it with by spoon.
I had some Dijon mustard and honey in my pantry and chicken in the fridge so I thought why not making a sauce for the chicken with this.

Best idea ever. This is not my recipe is one of more Pinterest ideas. Thank God for blog community that makes us get to know the secret chefs hidden in kitchens around this world.

So this recipe was a success that I'm thinking about make it again this week, Two times in one week. Yes it was that good.

Honey Mustard Chicken


Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
1 tbsp olive oil
salt pepper
1 medium onion sliced
1 tbsp butter
1 cup chicken stock
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1tsp chili powder

How to do:
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. 
Heat olive oil in a pan and add the chicken. Cook on both sides until it has a golden color, around 7 minutes each side.
Remove the chicken and set aside. 
Add the butter and onion and cook until golden brown. 
Meanwhile, mix in a bowl the stock, mustard, honey, salt, pepper and chili powder and add to the onions in the pan. 
Cook until the sauce starts to thickening and add the chicken and the juices. 
Turn to heat to low and cover for 5 minutes. 

Serve with salad and mashed potatoes.



You Might Also Like

2 comentários