Foodie Thursdays - Fish and Chia

13:58

This week has been a little bit busy and yesterday I got a little bit sick so cooking wasn't my desire at all. Also, I wasn't feeling like eating chicken or meat so I decided to make this Baked Fish Fillet recipe.

Living in the UAE I always feel like we don't eat enough fish or seafood. One of my childhood memories was going with my parents to this restaurant in Lisbon, where we used to get stuffed with seafood. I remember the crab, shrimps, shellfish and we used to finish with the creamy seafood soup. We only go in the end of the month when was salary day. So we were always waiting for day 30 of the month. That was good memories. If anyone is reading this post from Portugal the restaurant is Eduardo das Conquilhas.

White fish fillet is relatively cheap and easy to cook. You just throw the fish in the oven with some spices, bake and its' done. 
When I get in this mood there is only one thing that saves me: Sweets! And to satisfy my cravings without too much damage I went for a Chia seed pudding.
I just discovered the benefits of Chia seeds. These little seeds are packed with omega 3 fatty acids, Iron, Calcium, and Vitamin C. For me the best benefit is that they help with digestion and can absorb up to 30 times their water volume helping with bloating.

Baked White Fish

Ingredients:
White fish fillet
1 tsp chili flakes
1 tsp coriander
1 lemon
salt and peper
Olive oil or Butter

How to do:
Preheat the oven.
Rub the fish with the butter or the olive oil season with salt pepper, chili flakes and coriander.
place the lemon sliced in and oven tray and place the seasoned fish.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes.

Serve with vegetables.



Simple Chia Pudding

Ingredients:
1/4 cup Chia seeds
1 cup Coconut milk
1 tsp Honey

How to do:
Mix all the ingredients and put in a container, like a mason jar.
Let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour and half and mix it.
After another hour and half check the consistency.
If it's your desired consistency top with your favorite topping: Fresh fruits, fruit jam, chocolate, nuts. There are endless possibilities.



You Might Also Like

3 comentários

  1. Ohhhh that looks soo good! I think I've been so used to frying fish in a frying pan and haven't really tried baking fish. I'll have to try baked fish one of these days!

    ResponderEliminar